Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First posting

Hi,

This is my first posting on my first blog! Ohh the pressure!

I would like Green Dolly to be a collection of all of the information my husband and I are collecting whilst we are trying to convert our lives into ethical, low carbon ones.

We have been slowly changing things over the last few months and it seems like a good idea to store all the knowledge we have gathered somewhere - so here it is. Hopefully we will also be adding real life savings/reductions in energy, water, etc. Also, you will see first hand how our 'boycotting the supermarkets in favour of local producers' is going as well as how we are determined to not be 'led by the media consumers' any more.

Green Dolly? I hear you ask. Green - obviously and Dolly - my embarrassing childhood nickname relating to the fact that I would stay wherever I was left.

So there it is. We hope some of the information is useful to at least one other person. If so, we will be extremely happy.

In the words of someone much more intellectual than myself (I have forgotten who, another reason why I have set up this blog - to record such things!) :

Aim to be more, not to have more.

Dolly


No comments: