Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The best book I have read in a long time


I was given this book for my birthday and didn't put it down until I had read every page.


The Rough Guide to Ethical Living


Summary:
Climate change, sweatshops, fair-trade, ethical investment, organic food...life can sometimes seem like a moral minefield. Which products and companies should we support or avoid? And which "ethical" claims can we trust? The "Rough Guide to Ethical Living" cuts through the greenwash to answer these and many other questions. From tea to trainers and pensions to plane-tickets, the guide looks at all the problems and ethical options. With recommended websites, books and magazines plus tips on reducing your carbon footprint at home and on the road, this book is the essential handbook for responsible consumers.


I have so many things to research after reading this book. However, I was so impressed with it, I passed it straight on to my mum!


The section on the meat industry is a fascinating insight that it also stomach churning at the cruelty that goes on in the name of cheap meat and dairy. You will never eat anything non-organic again.


However, for as long as we keep buying cheap meat, there will always be a market for it. Who says that individuals can't change the world?

No comments: